Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Reflection of My Milestones

Today is my birthday and I’m now 29 years old. Today doesn’t really feel that different from any other Tuesday. I made bottles and packed L’s lunch this morning, dropped her off at day care and got to work late…pretty normal day! So maybe 29 isn’t really a big deal…after all 30 is the BIG ONE! But I keep thinking this is my last year to be “in my 20s”. So what have I accomplished in my 20s? As I think back, I’m proud of myself. I graduated from college, got my master’s degree, got married, bought my first house, had my first kid, traveled to 8 different countries…I’ve done a lot of the things I wanted to do before I hit 30. I still haven’t jumped out of an airplane but I have another year to do it before 30! My 20s have been great and there’s still more to experience!
My daughter is experiencing her own milestones. She just got her first two teeth, she just started stage 2 baby food, and she can almost sit up on her own. These little milestones in her life are so special to me. Someday she’ll be in high school and spend most of her time in her room on her phone, too busy to hang out with mom and dad all the time. But for now, she just loves to enjoy life with us. Having my baby girl is the most precious milestone of my life! I absolutely love being a mother! So this birthday is special after all because it’s my first birthday as “mom”. No birthday present can beat the gift of motherhood!

No comments:

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails