Sunday, November 29, 2009
Today's MEme prompt is to write an excuse of why you can't do MEme Monday today. So, here goes...I'm tired. I had a busy but fun weekend. We put the tree up on Friday. On Saturday, we did an outreach with the youth from our church. We gave out coats, socks, and hygience products to people living on the streets. Yesterday was church, which is a work day for me. I'm tired and don't feel like writing much. I think blogging during the holidays is gonna be tough!
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
With only 30 days til Christmas, now is the time to start thinking about your holiday activities, gifts, and traditions. Today's tips are all about what you can do now in November.
1. Plan ahead. This sounds obvious, but how many times do we actually take the time to plan the little things that need to get done? Write a list of all the things you want to do for the holidays: bake, make cards, have a party, take family pictures, make/buy gifts for your kids' teachers, shop for Christmas outfit, pick up stocking stuffers...the list goes on. Grab your calendar or print out a December calendar and start writing in dates to get those things done. Post it somewhere you'll look often so you can keep organized and know ahead of time what supplies you need or when you'll need a babysitter.
2. Bake ahead. If you're planning on giving gifts of cookies or other baked good, consider baking ahead of time and freezing your cookies. This way, you can bake up your baking list over different days rather than trying to devote an entire day or weekend to just baking. I know this is something I have to do this year. There's no way I can spend an entire day or 2 baking and still take care of 2 babies, all while trying to keep L away from the oven!
3. Make a photo list.
So many different holiday memories will be made and you'll want to remember those moments with pictures. Whether you've got the newest DSLR camera or a disposable plastic camera, you can capture special photos if you think ahead and anticipate when you'll need your camera. Include in your list any festivities like parties, school performances, church events, and other special or tradional events. Then add activities you might do like driving through neighborhoods to see lights, baking cookies with your kids, decorating the tree, wrapping and openning presents, etc. Now, add special items or moments that are unique or special to you and your family. Maybe you have a star for the tree or ornament you've had since you got married...plan to take a picture of someone placing it on the tree. Capture your child's excitement when they wake up Christmas morning. Take a picture of your child reading a Christmas storybook or eating a candy cane. If you plan ahead, you'll have your camera ready when those special moments happen.
Monday, November 23, 2009
This morning, her bed was wet but that was expected. She right away wanted to get out of her crib and headed to the potty. And guess what? SHE PEED IN THE POTTY! I was ecstatic. And after breakfast, SHE POOPED IN THE POTTY! I was thinking...finally, she got it. Then, about 15 minutes later, an accident. And while I was at work and she stayed with MiMi, accidents all day. Once mommy got home from work, accident after accident. However, she looked very unhappy about wet undies, so I think that part she's getting.
Although I'm disappointed that she isn't fully potty trained within 3 days, I realize now that I set my goals wrong. I was expecting too much too soon. I'm happy with my results. On day 2, she pooped once in the potty and on day 4, she did both in the potty once. Now, let's move ahead...and make it quick, please. (A mother can dream.)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Today's Family Pic is of my two little ones when they matched for church this last Sunday. *S* cried when I sat him on the couch until I sat *L* with him. She didn't want to sit down because she was busy playing. So this is the best shot I got. I love that he's holding on to her. He does this everytime I take pics of them sitting together...so cute!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Today’s thoughts are actually a request for my creative SITSas. I’ve visited many of your blogs and have seen some cute party pics. So, now that I’ve got a party to plan, I need your help.
Next month, my baby girl turns 2. I’m looking for ideas for her 2nd birthday party. Her guests will mostly be family, but will include a few friends ranging from age 6 months to preschool. She doesn’t have a favorite show or character, so I’m looking for a unique and creative theme. If you have ideas for party activities for infants/toddlers, please pass them along. Thanks so much ladies!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Pull your hair up and away from your shoulders. Try sweeping your hair into a high ponytail and you'll be surprised at how much slimmer your face looks.
- Wear the right size. Oversized clothing doesn't hide problem areas. Excess fabric only makes you look bulkier. And wearing clothing that’s too tight …well that’s obvious.
- Choose fabrics very carefully. Avoid clingy or shiny textures. Avoid large patterned prints.
- Balance. Accentuate your best parts and don’t draw attention to your problem areas. Accessorize to create balance and bring focus to areas that are slimmer.
- Elongate your body. Wear pants that make your legs look longer. Avoid wide cuffs. Try boot cut or flare jeans to balance out curvy hips.
Monday, November 9, 2009
2. Jimmy Choo Bag $995
3. Jimmy Choo Flats $425
4. Betsey Johnson black dress $428
5. Manolo Blahnik black pumps $575
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
1. When using the calculator, turn in sideways to make it a scientific calculator.
2. When reading a text message, touch the status bar to scroll up to the top (to call the person).
3. When recording a video, use the camera in landscape (sideways) to make it look better when uploading to youtube.
4. If you mess up what you're typing, shake your iPhone and it will give you the option to undo typing.
5. To take a screenshot, press the home button and the lock/power button at the same time. Your iPhone will take a picture of whatever you are viewing and save it in the camera roll.
Enjoy your iPhone!