Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 4 of the 3 Day Potty Method

I didn't post last night (Day 3) 'cause I was very tired and there wasn't much to tell. Day 3 was better, but she still had accidents all day. Never went in the potty. And, mommy broke the rules. One of the major no-no's is using pull-ups. I've hear this from lots of people that have been there...everyone says don't use pull-ups. And I totally agree, but...I had to. We went to lunch with my family and couldn't risk her peeing in the middle of Outback! And then later we went to church and again she wore a pull-up. I knew I had messed up because at church she did both #'s in her pull-up.
This morning, her bed was wet but that was expected. She right away wanted to get out of her crib and headed to the potty. And guess what? SHE PEED IN THE POTTY! I was ecstatic. And after breakfast, SHE POOPED IN THE POTTY! I was thinking...finally, she got it. Then, about 15 minutes later, an accident. And while I was at work and she stayed with MiMi, accidents all day. Once mommy got home from work, accident after accident. However, she looked very unhappy about wet undies, so I think that part she's getting.
Although I'm disappointed that she isn't fully potty trained within 3 days, I realize now that I set my goals wrong. I was expecting too much too soon. I'm happy with my results. On day 2, she pooped once in the potty and on day 4, she did both in the potty once. Now, let's move ahead...and make it quick, please. (A mother can dream.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

imho, don't expect miracles in a few days or even a week...

i still use pull ups at night...my little one just can't hold it for 10 hours. i NEVER used them during the day when i started potty training because it was too confusing for them...

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails