Friday, August 21, 2009

On Turning 30

I was looking back at some of my old posts and read one that I wrote when I turned 29. I realized that I never wrote one when I turned 30, so better late than never. I can't believe how much life has changed in 1 year. At 29, I had 1 baby who had just gotten her first teeth. Now she's got a mouth full of teeth and she's running around like a crazy kid. And we have *S* now. Having 2 kids is a major challenge! (Side note: At 29, I was hoping I'd jump out of a plane before 30. But I got pregnant a couple months after I wrote that, ha ha.) So back to what I was saying, becoming a mom to 2 kids is another milestone I hit, along with turning the big 3-0. At this point, I can say that life is a little more chaotic and a lot more fun. Although I have some moments where I just want to cry or bury my head under the pillows...I enjoy spending time with Aaron and our babies. Today, Aaron was playing with *L*...flipping her around and covering her with *S*'s play gym. She was laughing hard, it was so cute. *S* just watched the whole time, smiling at his sister. When she laughs, he's happy. When she cries, he cries, too! And *L* is our little helper. She takes *S* his paci when he cries. If he's drooling, she gives us his burp cloth. We give them baths together and L likes to help rinse off S with her little water play cups. S just stares at her the whole time. He's happy as long as she's playing with him. They are so cute together. I'm really looking forward to watching them grow up together. When I was younger, I dreaded 30 because it seemed so old. Now, I have totally embraced it. I am determined to be wise, funny, energetic, caring, and sexy...at 30!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joy, so hard to believe that you are 30. You were only five when we left Corpus Christi. Your children are both beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you at the conference. Love you.

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails