Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Change

I have lots of friends who are green but most of them don't live near me. I've tried talking to some friends around here and some are starting to get it, other's just don't care yet. I talked to a friend who is in his 40s. First of all, he doesn't believe in Global Warming. He thinks it's a Democrat thing and he's a Republican. When I talk about eating organic food and vaccination concerns and stuff like that, he says "it wasn't a big deal before, why is it all of the sudden something we have to do." Hm, maybe because our society is learning more and realizing that everyone before us has had that attitude and that's why the situation is getting worse. As for global warming, he says "I'll be gone and my kids will be gone by then." First, that's not even true. Second, what about your grandkids and their kids? If we don't think about future generations, we are being selfish. We can't hand them a world with severe problems because we just didn't want to make the effort. I'm the first to admit that there is a lot more I could do to be more green. But I am trying to change a little at a time. I'm learning a lot now. Just last night I was talking about getting rid of the Clorox in our house and other junk I don't want used in our house. But what about everywhere else we go? I hope that this green movement really grows, even if it takes the younger generation to make it happen. We can't wait for others to make changes for us, we have to start now.

No comments:

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails