Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm in love with a vampire!

Okay, so this has nothing to do with being green or being a mom but everything to do with being a girl! My niece recently got me interested in reading Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. omg! I fell in love with Edward, the vampire, immediately. It was like a high school crush! I'm already on the 3rd book and can't wait til the 4th one comes out August 2nd. The series is about a guy and a girl in love- with all the suspense of a vampire story. Edward always has the perfect words to say to Bella, just like the romance of Romeo and Juliet, which the author refers to. I was thinking about how silly it is that I am obsessing about Edward as much as my niece who is not quite 16 yet. I'm married yet I'm totally crushing on this fictional character. Yesterday, I was texting my niece about trust issues I have with Edward and his promise to Bella. She said she trusts his word and I said maybe my personal experiences are causing me to not trust his promise. And that's when it hit me. Aaron is my Edward! (If you don't know, Aaron is my husband and high school sweetheart!) No, I don't have trust issues with Aaron, but I was meaning my relationship experiences may be influencing how I see Edward and his relationship with Bella. I shared this with Aaron and he was like..."I'm not Edward. I'm Aaron." Of course he doesn't get it because he hasn't read the story and doesn't get why I'm so crazy about this character. I told him some ways that they are similar, but I can't write all these without spoiling the story for anyone who may want to read it. One thing I told him was this: When Aaron and I fell in love the 2nd time (in 2000), we met up for our first group thing/date after not seeing each other in 3 years and when he left, he squeezed my knee and said goodbye. I melted on the inside! And I knew at the moment that my heart was his. I know it's mushy, but it's also so "Edward and Bella-ish"! So, I'm a sucker for romance and sweet (and hot) guys! I love my husband with all of my heart. My obsession with the Twilight saga has a lot to do with my crazy love story with him. But isn't that what makes a book so good?...you can totally see yourself in the character and feel what they feel. I've always told Aaron that I wonder if other people are as in love as we are. I know Bella probably thinks the same about her Edward! So, if you haven't read the book and you want a good clean love story to sink your teeth into (pun intended), check out Twilight.

No comments:

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails